Special Interest Tours 2017/18: London & Southern England (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Special Interest Tours 2017/18
8 days departures 28 August and 2 September 2018
- Guided sightseeing in London and a visit to the Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels .
- Visit world renowned Highclere Castle
- Explore Blenheim Palace and Gardens
- A locally guided excursion of Oxford
- Visit the ancient Roman Bath complex
- - Discover the charming village of Bampton
- Visit mysterious Stonehenge
- 7 nights in First Class accommodation as indicated.
- An expert Insight Travel Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will smooth your way throughout your journey. They are your 'travelling concierge', expert guide, consummate organiser and your friend in a foreign land.
- While travelling on Days 3 to 6, enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It's business class comfort. While in London sightseeing and transfers will be operated by local coaches.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on Day 1 and Day 8.
Call (209) 550-0516 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14019942
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to London (not included - please inquire about our great air deals!).|
|Day 2||London||Arrive London: Welcome to England! Check in to your hotel and then there is time to relax, explore or browse the department stores. In the evening join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Drink. (Welcome Drink)|
Rubens at the Palace
|Day 3||London||London Sightseeing & the Tower of London: Today's panoramic sightseeing of London shows you all the main sights - Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace. You also see Lancaster House, The Ritz Hotel, the Old Criterion Restaurant, The National Gallery and St James's Park. This afternoon visit the Tower of London, one of the world's most famous fortresses, long the dreaded prison of the monarchs, but now a fascinating museum housing the Crown Jewels. (Full Breakfast)|
Rubens at the Palace
|Day 4||Oxford||Highclere Castle & Oxford: Today's highlight is a visit to Highclere Castle. Built in the Victorian Gothic style, this sand-coloured castle is the country seat of the distinguished Earls of Carnarvon. Enjoy an exclusive visit to the magnificent main hall, dining room, library and sitting rooms as well as exploring the collection of ancient artefacts in the Egyptian Exhibition. A copy of the souvenir guide book is included with your visit. The ritual of afternoon tea is the most quintessential of English customs. Before reaching your Oxford hotel, stop to partake in this centuries-old tradition. ( (Full Breakfast / Afternoon Tea)|
|Day 5||Oxford||Oxford & Bampton: After breakfast, join a local guide for a walking journey of Oxford, the 'City of Dreaming Spires', site of England's oldest university, which still ranks among the best in the world. Afterwards, continue to the picturesque village of Bampton. See St. Mary's Church, the village pub and library. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Oxford||Oxford - Blenheim Palace, Bath & Salisbury: View Sir Winston Churchill's grave in the churchyard at Bladon before visiting stunning Blenheim Palace, the greatest building of the English Baroque and residence of the Dukes of Marlborough. Explore the ornate interiors and stroll through the beautiful Italian Garden. Continue through the chocolate-box landscapes of the Cotwolds to the English spa town of Bath, site of Britain's only hot, mineral springs. An orientation reveals the fine Georgian architecture, including the Circus, Royal Crescent and Pultenay Bridge spanning the River Avon. You also visit the ancient Roman Bath complex. Stay in the cathedral city of Salisbury tonight, where you can enjoy a glass of wine or two over dinner (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Mercure White Hart
|Day 7||London||Mysterious Stonehenge & London: Enjoy some free time to explore the beautiful city of Salisbury, its 750 year-old Cathedral boasts the tallest spire in the land. Now cross Salisbury Plain to visit the ancient stone circle of Stonehenge, made up of strange and awe inspiring monoliths reputed to be over 4,000 years old. Then head back to London where the rest of the day is free to explore. (Full Breakfast)|
Rubens at the Palace
|Day 8||London||Free Time in London: With such a rich choice of attractions on offer, it is no wonder that London is Europe's most popular tourist centre! Why not devote part of the day to the ancient treasures of the British Museum, or the Old Masters in the National Gallery? Or travel into the City, financial centre of Britain, to visit St Paul's Cathedral - the baroque masterpiece of Sir Christopher Wren? As evening descends, your journey culminates with a rousing Celebration Dinner offering the perfect final course for an unforgettable adventure. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Rubens at the Palace
|Day 9||London||Farewell London: Your journey draws to a close with a group transfer to London's Heathrow Airport. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: View Terms & Conditions here.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class